Sunday, February 3, 2013

Improved Attitude means Improved Writing!


                When one is to think about completing an action, attitude has a lot to do with it, this is pointed out in the article "Writing well: It's all about the attitude" by Donna Rafanello.  If one goes into something and already in there heads saying they don't want to do it and that they suck at it, chances are the outcome isn't going to be as good if they started with a positive attitude on the situation.  This also applies to ones writing ability and how they look at writing as a whole.  If people learn to simulate their knowledge and put forth their best effort every time, they may result in better writing habits and skills without even knowing it and transcend over their peers.  It is said that if you have little confidence in your writing skills that a attitude adjustment may help change this (Rafanello, 2008).

      I myself am one to talk because I have a very bad attitude towards writing in the sense that I feel I am very bad at it and don't very much enjoy nor like it.  Whenever I write anything I always have a hiatus and stop my work for a very long time before I go back to continuing it.  But from reading the article I stated earlier, I am now realizing if I just focus more and have a more positive outlook on my own abilities to write, maybe I will gain better writing pieces for meritorious service. 

     Now that I am aware of how my attitude toward writing affects it, I plan to give my all to my next assignment in hopes that I see improvement.  I will elicit my entire positive attitude and even get it checked by my teacher before I hand it in because that already guarantees you a better grade.  I will take the next step in my professional development as a writer and set goals for myself that I would like to achieve (Rafanello, 2008).     

             

References

        Rafanello, D. (2008, May/June). Writing well: It's all about attitude. Professional writing, 58-59.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   

Additional Links


No comments:

Post a Comment